Skadden is looking for a Data Architect to join the Business Systems and Information Department in our White Plains Office. The Data Architect will be responsible for working with the customer, development, application, and automation teams. They will also be responsible for the design, development and management of the Firm's data warehouse and related data analytics platforms in support of the Firm's Business Intelligence initiatives, while providing technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to other members of the team.
- Design, development, and support of data warehouse(s) and other related databases.
- Design, development and support of analytics platforms and other specialized databases.
- Supervise the overall design and implementation of integrations, ETL's, and automations utilizing the Firms existing automation infrastructure such as SSIS and IBM Workload Scheduler.
- Manage multiple projects and communicate with all relevant stakeholders, including application project managers, subject matter experts, IT management, and business users where appropriate.
- Evaluate and stay current with industry trends in data analytics, including emerging technologies such as machine learning.
- Develop and maintain standards, design, and operational documentation.
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal and external Firm customers.
- Provide on-call Level 3 engineering when and as required.
- Strong skills in the design of relational and multi-dimensional databases and related data structures
- Advanced SQL Server, Analysis Services, SSIS/DTS skills
- Experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries (from both a performance and maintenance perspective) and administering SQL Server databases, including creating and maintaining server objects
- Knowledge of advanced relational database, Business Intelligence (BI), Snow Flake, OLAP, ROLAP, and MOLAP concepts
- Exposure to Oracle/Hyperion Essbase a plus
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, advanced C# concepts, the .Net Framework and both general and advanced programming concepts
- Knowledge of job related technology, object oriented analysis and design concepts
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as bash (Linux) shell scripting and Windows PowerShell
- Excellent Analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exercise discretion in the handling of confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work well with others and perform as a team player
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Degree a plus)
- At least 5-8 years' experience within a large IT organization developing and supporting software or applications related to data analysis and business intelligence applications
- At least 2-3 years' experience managing, developing, and supporting data warehousing, business intelligence, or data analytics applications
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.