Skadden is looking for a Data Engineer. This position will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. This position will support our data architects, data analysts, and software developers on data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Additionally, this position:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture(s) for data warehouse, analytics processes and related solutions.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Design and build solutions for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources internal and external to the firm.
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders, including the Product, Data and Design teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Design, test, and implement solutions along with documentation suitable for ongoing maintenance.
- Follow established standards and participate in defining new standards and/or refining existing standards.
- Support production environment and perform code reviews to improve and leverage latest code and technology advancements.
- Provide technical support and share business knowledge with team members.
- Provides customer service to all levels of Firm Management as related to the essential functions.
- Provides clear and timely feedback to department managers and project managers as required.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, experience working with relational databases, query authoring, and ETL solutions
- Experience building and optimizing ‘data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structures & unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Broad and thorough knowledge of the SDLC, including tools and work flows
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies, relevant industry direction(s), and best practices
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of five years related technical experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.