Skadden is looking for an Expense Specialist who will be responsible for auditing expense reports, process a variety of internal feeds and handle more complex department work assignments as needed.
- Reviews expense reports received from Firm employees and partners, checking accuracy of coding for client matters and disbursement codes.
- Ensures expenditures are in compliance with Firm and tax authority guidelines, verifying that appropriate supporting documentation is included.
- Communicate orally and/or in writing any issues with the person submitting the expense report, adjusting expense reports as needed.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Adds notations and appends imaged documents as needed.
- Processes weekly check/ACH payments and distribution of payments.
- Processes files received from internal and external sources related to Firm expenditures, reviewing for accuracy and completeness. Reconcile and correct rejected transactions. Prepare AP sessions if appropriate.
- Manually enter client disbursement batches received from local offices.
- Adjust time entries as requested.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Performs non-routine assignments and other special projects.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Chrome River, Aderant, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping practices
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum two years related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.