Skadden is looking for a summer intern to work in the Firm Tax department in our White Plains office. The internship is paid and will run for 10 weeks on a full-time schedule of Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The intern will have the opportunity to assist the Firm Tax department with various administrative responsibilities and projects to gain experience working in a global tax department that handles domestic and international filings. Additionally, the intern will:
- Assist the department with administrative responsibilities and projects.
- Perform various departmental, administrative functions such as: processing payments, filing documents, and mailing correspondence.
- Assist with the preparation of tax return supporting work papers.
- Gather data for quarterly filings, memorandums, audits, various types of tax returns, as well as surveys.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Comply with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and the use of advanced formulas
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Minimum of one year towards a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.