Skadden is looking for an IT Asset Specialist to join the Firm. This position is responsible for supporting the technology asset lifecycle as well as financial and vendor processes for the IT department Firmwide. Additionally, this position:
- Administers and maintains technology inventory systems.
- Monitors inventory systems to identify noncompliant hardware and software.
- Maintains inventory of IT hardware and software assets.
- Creates queries and reports, and compiles data for analysis from various data sources.
- Day-to-day responsibility for special technology purchases for U.S. offices.
- Day-to-day responsibility for discount programs with Firm technology vendors.
- Maintains contract management database for all IT contracts.
- Prepares initial drafts of Vendor Confidentiality Agreements.
- Coordinates legal review of agreements with the Office of General Counsel
- Maintains documentation of all licenses, subscriptions, and entitlements.
- Works with global IT staff to evaluate and select new hardware and software.
- Creates and maintains documentation of inventory processes and tracking systems.
- Works with other IT Staff to identify data available in other systems to cross-check with inventory.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Access, Project and Visio
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Data Analysis, Lookups)
- Familiarity with enterprise technology hardware, networking and software
- Knowledge of database queries and reporting and basic database design
- Familiarity with formal project management practices
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Pays attention to detail in complex projects
- Organizes and prioritizes tasks effectively
- Ability to accommodate shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Deals courteously and effectively with others
- Works well under pressure
- Flexibility to adjust responsibilities and hours to meet operating needs
- Associate's degree
- Minimum of five years' experience in multi-national enterprise IT
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.