This role will perform account analysis, accruals, other journal entries and other processes as needed to prepare the general ledger for the monthly closings.
- Analyzes and reconciles various general ledger accounts.
- Resolves errors/omissions and discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processes general ledger interfaces utilizing SQL and Access files.
- Maintains accurate records and supporting materials for prepared schedules.
- Prepares month end accruals and re-classes.
- Reviews and prepares daily and monthly journal entries.
- Maintains basic understanding of sub-ledger functions as it relates to their work.
- Meets with Coordinator and/or Accounting Manager to resolve problems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills
- Demonstrates analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or in the process of attaining one (completed two years)
- Minimum of six months Accounting or related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.