Skadden is seeking a Junior Tax Accountant to join the Firm. This position will be responsible for assisting the global tax department with domestic and international tax compliance, as well as other special projects as requested. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Gather data for domestic and international tax filings.
- Assist with preparation of accurate tax return work papers.
- Assist with quarterly tax filings and partner memorandums.
- Analyze and verify partner taxes paid/withheld.
- Assist with audits and tax notice responses.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Firm's general ledger system to analyze, compile, and reconcile data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel), with the ability to learn new software and complex functions in Excel
- Quick learner who seeks to expand knowledge of partnership tax procedures and processes
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of one year of Accounting or related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.