Skadden is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our General Ledger Department in the White Plains office. The Senior Accountant, General Ledger will perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, process international payrolls, prepare appropriate monthly reports and manage monthly processes as needed.
- Analyzes and reconciles various general ledger accounts.
- Resolves errors/omissions and discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processes General Ledger interfaces utilizing SQL and Access files.
- Maintains accurate records and supporting materials for prepared schedules.
- Prepares month end accruals and re-classes.
- Prepares and reviews daily and monthly journal entries.
- Assists in financial statement preparation.
- Maintains a strong understanding of multi-ledger, multi-currency functions.
- Prepares work and reconciles accounts at all levels with the general ledger (office, department, profit center, currency and book).
- Strong understanding of sub-ledger functions as it relates to the work.
- Ability to resolve problems with minimal interaction from Coordinator and/or Accounting Manager.
- Assists with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of advanced accounting skills
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, ability to work in other programs such as Access and Word.
- Experience with ERP accounting systems
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of five years of accounting related experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.