Skadden is looking for a System Engineer to work in our White Plains, NY office. The Systems Engineer will:
- Participate in large projects of moderate complexity involving the orchestration of tasks and or technology deployments.
- Resolve complex technical issues and conduct advance research.
- Maintain a familiarity industry concepts, best practices and procedures.
- Develop technical documentation and participate in the establishment of security policies, procedures and standards designed to align IT and firm business objectives.
- Coordinates activities associated with the installation of operation level services.
- Provides strong hands-on trouble shooting and installation skills.
- Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, attorneys and staff.
- Recommends alternatives to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Provide technical third level support 24x7, working in weekends is required if necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of server based operating systems and communications protocols
- Knowledge of administrative best practices and methodologies
- Hands on experience working with MS Windows servers running IIS , DNS and DHCP
- Proficient in server virtualization using VMware ESX and knowledge of storage virtualization
- Intimately familiar with networking protocols and concepts including routing, and TCP/IP.
- Active Directory and scripting
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory design, implementation and support
- Microsoft 2003/2008 Clustering Services
- Hands on experience with MS servers working with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Experience with Citrix Terminal server is a plus
- Experience with multi-platform computing preferred, e.g. Unix, Linux
- Networking protocols and concepts including routing, TCP/IP and FTP
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, UNIX, Network Management and diagnostic tools are helpful.
- Experience in a multi time zone datacenter environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Exchange 2007 or later, and SQL 2005 or later is a plus
- Ability to organize/prioritize work
- Pays attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Associates Degree or related job experience, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience utilizing the above mention technology
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.