Skadden is seeking a Tax Accountant to join the Firm. This position will be responsible for preparing work papers to support the Firm's U.S. and international tax filings. Assists with special projects relating to the taxes of the Firm. Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing financial data for the preparation of the Firm's U.S. and international tax returns, including but not limited to:
- Federal and State partnership tax returns as well as related K-1s
- U.S. composite and withholding returns/payments
- International tax returns
- Provides technical analysis and applications of U.S. and domestic partnership tax rules.
- Prepares research relevant to preparation of US Federal and State returns.
- Keeps abreast of relevant tax law developments and changes.
- Develops an expert working knowledge of the Firm's general ledger system to analyze, compile, and reconcile data.
- Assists with quarterly domestic and international tax filings, partner memorandums, and various reports using Excel spreadsheets and the Partner Accounting System.
- Analyzes and verifies partner taxes paid/withheld as well as partner allocations.
- Prepares quarterly tax withholdings, composite, local entity level tax, and filings as well as assist with quarterly Partner memoranda.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. and State partnership tax rules
- Excellent analytical and tax technology skills with proficiency in tax accounting and compliance
- Tax technical with the ability to think outside the box
- Effective problem solver
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel to execute complex functions (e.g., v/h-lookups, pivot tables, formula nesting)
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.