Skadden is looking for a Tax Support Specialist. This position will assist the Firm Tax department with international and domestic tax filings as well as other special projects as requested.
- Assist with international and domestic partnership tax returns and tax payment calculations, while preparing accurate documentation to support filings.
- Consistent use of General Ledger system (Aderant) to analyze, compile, and reconcile data for use in tax returns.
- Prepare check requests as needed.
- Analyze and verify partner taxes paid/withheld and calculate pro-rata Partner allocations.
- Assist in preparation with quarterly tax withholdings and filings, as well as assist with quarterly Partner memoranda.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including administrative functions.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel fundamentals and has the technical capacity to quickly learn, interpret, and apply complex functions
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year of related experience working in a professional services environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.