Designs, develops and programs desktop applications using Visual Basic.Net (VB.Net) and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). BETA tests and creates custom interfaces for all word processing, e-mail, and document management software. Provides mechanisms for software applications to interact with each other through program APIs. Experience using SQL to interact with databases. Develops custom interfaces and functionality for word processing, e-mail and document management software. Performs BETA testing of all custom applications and related software (e.g. Word, Outlook, Opentext EDOCS EM, etc.). Maintains existing programs, providing updates as requested. Works closely with testing group to find and fix problems prior to release. Prepares documentation of new desktop functions. Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others. Manages Firm resources responsibly. Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must posses In-depth knowledge of computer programming, In-depth knowledge of word processing, email, document management and macro writing software, In-depth knowledge of software APIs.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and languages
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Knowledge of Team Server Foundation is strongly preferred
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.