Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Technology Administrative Coordinator to join our Firm. As part of our IT Oversight team, you will be responsible for overseeing administrative functions for the department. This position will be based in our White Plains office and has a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule.
As the Technology Administrative Coordinator you will:
- Organize and manage IT events, including formalizing agendas, securing meetings space, organizing travel and meals, and other supporting details as required.
- Develop and prepare reports and summaries as requested by IT management.
- Prepare global IT purchase orders and coordinate tax exemptions with tax department.
- Process invoices and credit memos including completion of tax and hardware questionnaires.
- Ensure invoices comply with financial and tax requirements.
- Liaison with appropriate financial groups to ensure outstanding invoices are reviewed and paid.
- Research requests for information from vendors.
- Coordinate with Facilities Management to ensure all assets shipped between locations are logged and inventoried for tax purposes.
- Maintain Global IT Contract Management database, organizational charts, and department and vendor contacts directories.
- Coordinate the IT Change Management process by leading weekly meeting, assisting project teams with change requests, ensuring changes are approved and closed in a timely manner and preparing weekly summary reports for management.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ePlus)
- Thorough knowledge of the ordering and billing process including tax considerations
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Associate's Degree or High School Diploma with additional relevant work experience
- Minimum of five years' related experience
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community, and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity, and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the Firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the Firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.