Skadden is seeking an Attorney Development & Recruiting Project Assistant to join our Attorney Development & Recruiting Department in our Wilmington, Delaware office. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services.
This position assists with attorney recruiting, development, and pro bono administration and projects; facilitates information exchange and requests between department and attorneys/professional staff personnel.
- Provides support for department projects such as data-entry, applicant and expense tracking, departmental correspondence, and statistical information.
- Provides support for projects facilitating the planning and implementation of the summer associate program and law school student, clerk, and lateral attorney campus and callback interview programs.
- Provides support for projects related to attorney reporting and compliance obligations, including CLE applications and verification and attorney bar admissions and registrations.
- Provides support for projects related to summer associate and attorney training and professional development programs.
- Provides support for projects related to onboarding new law student and attorney employees.
- Provides support for projects related to local office diversity initiatives.
- Provides support for projects related to coordination of the office’s pro bono initiatives.
- Provides support for all departmental meetings, events, and outings, including communicating with presenters to coordinate materials, secure conference rooms, A/V equipment, catering, etc.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understand Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn industry trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software (such as Lawson, LawCruit, and internet and intranet applications including Skadline, RecruitConnect, Voxco) and operations systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that facilitate courteous and positive work relationships with others.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time and travel stairs on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a law firm or similar setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.