Skadden is seeking a Corporate Analyst to join our Corporations Department in the Wilmington, Delaware office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Corporate Analyst will play an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., with training schedule to vary and with the understanding that flexibility will be required when hours need to be adjusted to meet Department needs.
This position provides information and assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding work involving all Secretary of State offices.
- Respond to requests for documentation for business entities from all Secretary of State offices.
- Provide assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding inquiries about utilization of business entity laws and requests for guidance regarding code sections.
- Research information regarding specific business entities in all jurisdictions.
- Draft and process certificate filings for business entities in all jurisdictions.
- Provide franchise tax information for corporations both annually and upon decision to dissolve by merger or conversion.
- Select and provide forms, precedents and boiler documents.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills and develop professional relationships with vendor and state resources.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Comply with and understand Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Working Knowledge of Delaware Secretary of State Information System and related procedures, particularly document retrievals
- Knowledge of Delaware business entity laws and procedures as they apply to certificate filings
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer programs with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree and/or at least five years of related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.