Skadden is seeking a Corporations Department Assistant to join our Corporations Department in the Wilmington, Delaware office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Corporations Department Assistant will play an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with training schedule to vary and with the understanding that flexibility will be required when hours need to be adjusted to meet Department needs.
The Corporations Department Assistant provides administrative support to department personnel and assists with all aspects of services provided, including document preparation, information retrieval, records, filings and general communication with firm personnel and outside parties.
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls and packages between Department and other offices.
- Utilizes Delaware Secretary of State database to obtain information, certified copies, good standing certificates, status information and verification for bring-down letters.
- Sends daily Delaware Secretary of State recap to Wilmington in-house accounting.
- Receives, manages, and forwards billing information, transactional invoices and annual registered agent invoices to Wilmington in-house accounting.
- Input daily Department disbursement entries.
- Distributes New Attorney Welcome memos.
- Opens, updates and codes electronic records.
- Performs administrative functions including typing of documents, filings and correspondence, maintaining supplies, sorting and distributing daily mail, inputting time entries, preparation of expense reports, conference room reservations and Fed-Ex mailings.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively with a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of three to five years of experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or email@example.com.