Skadden is seeking a Part-Time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Wilmington, Delaware office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Accounts Payable Specialist processes incoming vendor invoices; receives and responds to vendor inquiries; reconciles vendor account statements and assists in other general accounting duties. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., with training schedule to vary and with the understanding that flexibility will be required when hours need to be adjusted to meet Department needs.
- Prepares check requests for invoices assuring proper approvals and supporting documentation is obtained, checking for accuracy of client matter codes, office codes, disbursement codes, and other details to ensure compliance with Firm policy and procedures.
- Facilitates obtaining proper approval authorization of large invoices, coordinating with Corporations Delaware team or respective requestor.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from vendors externally and staff internally regarding payment status.
- Researches and resolves vendor open item statements.
- Obtains W-9's and other required vendor information for formation of new vendor files.
- Maintains daily Petty Cash Operating Account.
- Cuts checks from the Petty Cash Operating and Skardel Accounts
- Reconciles Petty Cash onsite cashbox on regular basis.
- Replenishes Petty Cash onsite cashbox as needed to maintain adequate level as determined by Accounting Supervisor.
- Cashes employee checks onsite and prepares timely deposits of cashed checks.
- Prepares Check Requests to replenish funds dispersed from Petty Cash onsite cashbox as Personal Advances and/or Checks issued through PNC Petty Cash Checking Account.
- Prepares reports as necessary using Excel.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Opens, sorts and routes incoming mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software
- Ability to prepare reports using Excel
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum of two year's related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.