Skadden is seeking a full-time Receptionist to join our Conference Services team in the Wilmington, Delaware office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Receptionist will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Receptionist answers and transfers incoming calls and provides general information to callers. Greets and directs visitors and handles a variety of administrative/clerical functions including:
- Provides directory, dialing, and voice-mail assistance to all callers.
- Notifies Firm personnel of client/visitor arrival.
- Pages individuals using paging system.
- Assists Conference Services personnel in maintaining the condition of conference rooms and coordinating internal and external resources in support of meetings.
- Informs secretarial staff who is maintaining coverage of pertinent information, updates, and changes regarding status of visiting attorneys and/or security.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to sit at workstation for extended periods of time
- Ability to deal courteously/effectively with others
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year related experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.