Liz Downing has advised debtors, creditors, equity sponsors, sellers, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of complex restructuring transactions, including prepackaged, prearranged and traditional Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court workouts, distressed acquisitions and cross-border proceedings. Ms. Downing has experience counseling clients across a wide variety of industries, including health care, energy, financial services, shipping and retail.
Ms. Downing’s significant representations include:
- William A. Brandt, Jr. as Chapter 11 trustee of CFG Peru Investments Pte. Ltd., a significant Peruvian anchovy fishing operation, involving approximately $1.1 billion of debt;
- the joint official liquidators of Vantage Drilling Company on U.S. legal issues in connection with a Cayman Islands insolvency proceeding;
- Dendreon Corporation, a biotechnology company, in the $495 million acquisition of substantially all of its assets (including the worldwide rights to its cancer vaccine Provenge) by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. as part of its Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- Nautilus Holdings Limited, a container ship leasing company, in its Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, involving approximately $770 million of debt; and
- Exide Technologies, a global transportation and industrial battery manufacturer, in its successful Chapter 11 restructuring of more than $600 million of debt in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.