Rachel Arnett is a corporate attorney who advises public and private companies on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, spin-offs and other corporate matters, including SEC reporting obligations and corporate preparedness.
Examples of Ms. Arnett’s representations include:
- DuPont in its $130 billion merger-of-equals transaction with The Dow Chemical Company to form DowDuPont Inc.;
- DowDuPont in the separation of its materials science, agriculture and specialty products businesses through the $39 billion spin-off of Dow, Inc. and $19 billion spin-off of Corteva, Inc.;
- DuPont in its sale of a portion of its global crop protection business and agriculture research and development platform to FMC Corporation in exchange for FMC’s health and nutrition business and $1.2 billion in cash in order to secure regulatory approval for the Dow-DuPont merger;
- Red Hat in its $34 billion acquisition by IBM;
- Dassault Systèmes in its pending $5.8 billion acquisition of Medidata Solutions, Inc., a provider of cloud-based solutions and data analytics for clinical development programs;
- DST Systems, a global provider of technology-based information processing and servicing solutions, in its $5.4 billion acquisition by SS&C Technologies; and
- DST Systems on the $410 million sale of its North American customer communications business to affiliates of Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
Ms. Arnett is actively involved in Skadden’s training and recruiting programs. She serves on the firm’s Summer Associate Committee.