Maximilian Broermann focuses his practice on national and international M&A transactions, general corporate law and commercial matters. Mr. Broermann has significant experience in complex domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, counseling national and international clients on both the buy side and sell side.
Since joining Skadden in April 2014, his experience has included advising, among others:
- Intel Co. in its US$1 billion sale of its 5G modem chipset manufacturing division to Apple, Inc.;
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of iZettle AB, a transaction involving a host of regulatory considerations, as well as preparations for a post-Brexit scenario;
- a global asset manager on the corporate and regulatory aspects of the group’s EMEA restructuring as part of its Brexit contingency plans;
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc., a global leader in the design, innovation and manufacturing of commercial and residential system solutions, in the sale of its EMEA and Pacific Rim businesses to Knauf for an enterprise value of US$330 million;
- Intel Co. in its US$15.3 billion acquisition of Mobileye N.V.;
- KAP AG, a Carlyle Group company, in connection with various matters including its:
- acquisition of Heiche Gruppe; and
- divestiture of Geiger Fertigungstechnologie GmbH to Zhejiang Tieliu Clutch Co., Ltd;
- Colfax Corporation in the US$860 million sale of its fluid handling business to CIRCOR International, Inc;
- Cardinal Health, Inc. in its US$6.1 billion acquisition of the patient care, deep vein thrombosis and nutritional insufficiency businesses of Medtronic plc.;
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation;
- Excelitas Technologies Corp., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital, in its acquisition by AEA Investors LP;
- Ball Corporation and Rexam plc in the US$3.4 billion sale of select metal beverage can assets, support locations and functions in Europe, Brazil and the United States to Ardagh Group S.A.;
- IDEX Corporation in its US$240 million acquisition of SFC Koenig AG; and
- BA Glass BV in the multimillion-euro acquisition of HNG Global GmbH.
Mr. Broermann is a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) admitted to practice in Germany only.