Paul Carroll has experience in advising commercial and investment banks, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisition, real estate, project, corporate and structured finance transactions.
Prior to joining Skadden in 2016, Mr. Carroll worked in the finance group of a leading Irish law firm and is admitted to practice in England and Wales and in Ireland.
Mr. Carroll’s recent experience includes advising:
- Coty Inc. in its US$510 million acquisition of ghd (Good Hair Day) from Lion Capital LLP;
- M7 Real Estate Ltd in multi-jurisdictional joint ventures and acquisition structures;
- Formation Capital LLC as sponsor in the US$763 million acquisition of the NHP Group, an owner of health care facilities in the U.K.;
- a bidder in relation to the financing and cash confirmation elements of a large public acquisition;
- a U.K. bank in relation to a number of real estate financing transactions involving a number of Irish real estate investment trusts;
- a U.K.-based international bank in relation to a real estate financing facility to a regulated Irish investment fund;
- a global entity regarding its cash pooling arrangements;
- an international investment bank in relation to the financing and acquisition of a number of large loan portfolios;
- a large energy firm on the restructuring of its debt; and
- an international bank in relation to its commercial paper programme.