Charles de Reals joined Skadden’s Paris office in November 2015.
Mr. de Reals’ practice focuses on complex M&A transactions in France involving both listed and private companies, as well as securities law and general corporate matters.
He also has significant experience advising issuers in relation to serious corporate governance issues.
In addition, Mr. de Reals regularly represents French and foreign companies with respect to strategic disputes relating to corporate and securities laws.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. de Reals practiced law at a leading French law firm and at a major international firm.
Selected representations include:
- The French State in connection with the disposal of its stake in Peugeot SA;
- Nippon Steel in connection with its investment in Vallourec;
- Vivendi in numerous transactions, including the cash tender offer for Canal+ (SECP), the acquisition of Dailymotion and the disposal of SFR;
- Bolloré in numerous transactions, including the exchange tender offer for Havas, the exchange tender offer for Plantations des Terres Rouges (and the subsequent squeeze-out), the initial public offering of Blue Solutions and the disposal of its interest in Aegis;
- Natixis in connection with the reorganization of Paris Orleans (and the subsequent mandatory withdrawal offer for Paris Orléans) and the acquisition of GFI by Apax Partners and Boussard & Gavaudan;
- EDF in connection with the alternative cash and exchange tender offer for EDF Energies Nouvelles (and the subsequent squeeze-out) and the acquisition of Citelum;
- AXA in connection with the disposal of AXA Private Equity;
- BPCE in the creation of a joint venture with industrial partners in the area of documents management;
- the independent directors of Korian in connection with the merger between Medica and Korian; and
- IntercontinentalExchange in connection with the acquisition of NYSE Euronext.