Natalie Eliades has significant experience advising on cross-border and domestic transactions spanning private mergers and acquisitions, special situations, restructurings, co-investments and joint ventures.
Ms. Eliades counsels a broad range of clients, including international corporations and financial sponsors. Ms. Eliades’ practice focuses on advising clients on innovative special situations and distressed transactions, as well as complex carve-outs and group reorganisation and restructuring matters. She also provides general corporate advice on a range of internal corporate activities. During the course of her career at another major U.S. law firm, Ms. Eliades spent time on secondment to a global investment firm operating across a number of investment platforms.
Ms. Eliades’ representations prior to joining Skadden include advising:
- McAfee, a publicly held cybersecurity company, on its:
- over US$14 billion acquisition by an investor group comprised of Advent International, Permira Advisers, Crosspoint Capital, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, GIC and ADIA; and
- US$4 billion sale of its Enterprise business to Symphony Technology Group;
- Francisco Partners and TPG Capital on their US$4 billion joint acquisition of Boomi, a provider of cloud-based integration platform as a service (iPaaS), from Dell Technologies;
- Lebara, a European telecom business, on the restructuring of the group’s capital structure;
- Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited on its PIPE investment into 468 SPAC (a publicly listed special purpose acquisition company) in connection with its business combination with Boxine, a category-defining international kids digital audio entertainment company and the company behind the Toniebox and Tonies figurines. The business combination valued Boxine at a pro forma equity value of €990 million;
- Sound United LLC, a portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, on its acquisition of Bowers & Wilkins, a designer and manufacturer of luxury home audio speakers, headphones, custom installation products, wireless speakers, and branded audio systems in the automotive and television markets;
- an alternative investment firm in relation to its exit from Metaenergia in connection with the €500 million Italian gas peaker projects;
- Sixth Street Partners in connection with its acquisition of credit assets, including a part of Credit Suisse’s distressed credit portfolio for approximately US$1.27 billion;
- Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group in connection with its investment in TFI TAB Yatirimlari A.S.;
- Baillie Gifford on its investments in early stage disruptive businesses, including HelloFresh, Transferwise, Skyscanner, Funding Circle and Orchard Therapeutics;
- Forensic Risk Alliance and its founders in connection with a capital reorganisation of the business and the subsequent sale of a minority interest in the business to Dunedin LLP;
- TPG Capital in its:
- acquisition of a majority stake in McAfee; and
- acquisition of a majority stake in Poundworld; and
- Angelo, Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners on their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group.