Andrew Gish focuses on technically complex patent, copyright and trade secret matters before district courts, the Federal Circuit, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. His hard science electrical engineering background and industry experience provides him with a detailed understanding of computer technology. Mr. Gish’s litigation practice is complemented by his experience handling IP transactions, as well as the IP issues inherent in large mergers and acquisitions. Prior to his legal career, Mr. Gish
worked at Intel Corporation in various design, research and development, and manufacturing
Mr. Gish’s litigation experience includes representing:
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in a patent infringement lawsuit involving online banking technology (D. Del.; Fed. Cir.; Sup. Ct.);
- Google Inc. in a patent infringement suit and IPR proceedings relating to video and audio content recognition technology (S.D.N.Y.; Fed. Cir.; PTAB);
- Aspen Technology, Inc. in a trade secret misappropriation and copyright infringement action relating to petroleum processing software (S.D. Texas);
- Endurance Specialty Holdings, Ltd. in a patent infringement suit relating to weather derivatives software (N.D. Ill.);
- Nokia Corp. in an antitrust suit relating to standard essential wireless data transmission patents (N.D. Cal.);
- Sophos Inc. in a patent infringement suit relating to network protocol and firewall technology (D. Del.);
- Credit Acceptance Corp. in a patent infringement suit relating to automobile loan processing software (Fed. Cir.) and a related antitrust action (C.D. Cal.);
- SanDisk Corp. in a patent infringement lawsuit involving flash memory technology (W.D. Wis.); and
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in a breach of contract lawsuit relating to a most favored nations provision in a patent license (E.D. Tex.; 5th Cir.; Sup. Ct.).
Mr. Gish also has an extensive pro bono practice, including representation of clients seeking asylum, appealing death penalty verdicts, and filing utility and design patent applications.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Gish worked in various design, research and development, and manufacturing departments at Intel Corporation.
Mr. Gish is a member of the Skadden group recognized by Law360 among its 2015 Technology Practice Groups of the Year for successes on behalf of clients in the technology sector.