Johannes Goossens advises clients on M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as general corporate matters. His experience also includes restructuring and insolvency law in the context of distressed M&A transactions.
Mr. Goossens has advised, among others:
- Korea Public Officials Benefit Association in the sale of its real estate assets, mutually held with Dream Global Real Estate Investment, to real estate funds managed by The Blackstone Group Inc.;
- Corning Incorporated in its acquisition of substantially all of the Communication Markets division of 3M;
- PayPal Inc. as lead investor in a US$50 million funding round for PPRO Holding GmbH;
- UCB SA in the acquisition financing of its US$2.1 billion acquisition of Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc.;
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets and operations of Takata Corporation;
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. in its US$3.8 billion sale of the performance materials division of its materials technologies segment to Evonik Industries AG;
- Sealed Air Corporation in the proposed tax-free spin-off of its Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business within its Food Care division into a new company called New Diversey; and
- DENTSPLY International Inc. in its private placement of senior notes, and in a concurrent cash tender offer to purchase an amount of its outstanding senior notes.