Andrew Hurwitz’s practice spans a wide range of debt capital market transactions (including high-yield, equity-linked, hybrid bond and regulatory capital issuances), IPOs and liability management transactions. He also has represented both issuers and underwriters in connection with debt and equity offerings and listings on several international exchanges.
Mr. Hurwitz’s representations prior to joining Skadden include advising:
- Cablevisión Holding S.A., an Argentine telecommunications company, on the listing of its global depositary receipts on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, pursuant to a spin-off from the media company Grupo Clarín S.A.;
- CMA CGM S.A., an international shipping company, in its offering of €525 million 7.5% senior notes due 2026;
- the underwriters for Bank Leumi Le-Israel B.M.’s debut $750 million 3.275% Tier 2 subordinated contingent convertible notes offering;
- the underwriters in BP’s first SEC-registered hybrid bond offering of $5 billion fixed-rate rest notes; and
- the underwriters in the IPO of Tallinna Sadam AS, the port of Tallinn, Estonia, the first IPO of an Estonian state-owned entity since 1999 and the first international equity offering by an Estonian company since 2012.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Hurwitz worked at a major international law firm in London for six years.