Aliza Kempner concentrates her practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and general corporate and securities matters.
Ms. Kempner has represented acquirers, targets, private equity funds and financial advisors in significant transactions, including cross-border transactions, public and private acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, auctions, internal reorganizations, joint ventures and other strategic alliances. She also advises companies on a range of corporate governance and securities law matters.
Select representations include:
- a U.S. Fortune 500 company in various strategic alternative transactions;
- the private equity arm of a pension fund in various transactions;
- Helmerich & Payne, Inc. in its acquisitions of drilling technology companies DrillScan SAS
and Angus Jamieson Consulting;
- Entergy Corporation in the sale of its subsidiaries that own the Pilgrim Nuclear Power
Station in Plymouth, Massachusetts, and the Palisades Power Plant in Covert, Michigan,
to a subsidiary of Holtec International, Inc. The sales included the transfer of the licenses,
spent fuel and nuclear decommissioning trusts;
- First Solar, Inc. in the $1.7 billion sale to Capital Dynamics of 8point3 Energy Partners LP,
which owns interests in a 946 MW portfolio of solar energy projects;
- Fabbrica Italiana Lapis e Affini S.p.A. in its initially unsolicited, but subsequently agreed
upon, acquisition of Canson Group from Groupe Hamelin S.A.;
- Moody’s Corporation in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Bureau van Dijk Electronic
- Konecranes plc in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the material handling and port solutions
business of Terex Corporation;
- ABH Holdings S.A. in its acquisition of Public Joint Stock Company Ukrsotsbank from
- LetterOne Holdings S.A. in its acquisition of a 48% stake in Qvantel OY; and
- PIK Group OJSC in its $255 million cash tender offer for global depositary receipts listed
on the London Stock Exchange and the subsequent cancellation of its U.K. listing.