Julian Klose focuses his practice on international M&A transactions, general corporate law and restructuring matters. He has significant experience in complex transactions involving private equity, and has counseled domestic and international clients on both the buy-side and sell-side.
Mr. Klose’s significant representations since joining Skadden include advising:
- Coty Inc. in its strategic partnership with KKR & Co. Inc. including the carveout sale of 60% of its professional beauty and retail hair businesses to KKR with an enterprise value of US$4.3 billion;
- funds advised by Castik Capital:
- in the sale of approximately 25% of portfolio company Waterlogic Holdings Limited to British Columbia Investment Management Corporation; and
- in their acquisition of AddSecure from Arby Partners;
- Goldman Sachs in its investment in windeln.de; and
- The SCP Group in its acquisition of Real GmbH from METRO AG.
His significant representations prior to joining Skadden include advising:
- American Industrial Partners in the combination of its Goss printing business with manroland web systems;
- Blackstone in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of a 45% stake in Leica Camera followed by a public takeover offer;
- KKR in various transactions, including its:
- €1 billion acquisition of the global diabetes care business of Bayer AG;
- €1 billion sale, together with Goldman Sachs, of a minority stake in KION to Weichai Power through a primary share issuance and the subsequent IPO of KION; and
- €1 billion bidding process for the ZF/TRW body controls business;
- Ontario Teachers Pension Plan in its:
- €2.6 billion acquisition, together with BC Partners and PSP, of CeramTec; and
- €4.6 billion acquisition, together with Partners Group and CDPQ, of Techem;
- TSG Consumer Partners in its:
- investment in Canyon Bicycles; and
- investment in Zoeva; and
- Valora in its €190 million acquisition of BackWerk.