Colleen Lee focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and startup investments, spin-offs, carve-outs and other corporate matters.
Ms. Lee represents public and private buyers, sellers and target companies, and private equity firms in a variety of U.S. and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, restructurings and minority strategic investments.
Her matters include representing:
- Intel Corporation in the pending sale of its 5G smartphone modem business to Apple, Inc.;
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. in its pending $14.3 billion acquisition by affiliates of Digital Colony Partners and the EQT Infrastructure IV fund, the largest media and communications leveraged buyout since the 2008 financial crisis;
- Fortive Corporation in the separation and spin-off of its Automation and Specialty Platform (A&S Platform) and a $3 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its A&S Platform business with Altra Industrial Motion Corp.;
- SJW Group in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Connecticut Water Service Inc. and its successful defense against a hostile takeover attempt by California Water Service Group;
- PayPal, Inc. in its acquisitions of Hyperwallet and Simility;
- Permira Funds in its $1.75 billion acquisition of Duff & Phelps;
- Danaher Corporation in the separation and spin-off of its communications business and a $2.6 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its communications business with NetScout Systems, Inc.;
- TAL International Group, Inc. in its $8.7 billion merger-of-equals transaction with Triton Container International Limited;
- Endo International in a variety of transactions, including its sale of the American Medical Systems male urology portfolio for $1.6 billion; and
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in its $17 billion acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation.
Ms. Lee also has represented companies in a variety of minority strategic investments, including:
- Foot Locker, Inc. in its $15 million Series A investment in Carbon38; and
- Peet's Coffee in connection with its investment in Revive Kombucha.
Ms. Lee is a leader in Skadden's award-winning Pro Bono Impact project "Know Your Rights and Know the Law: Sex, Bullying and Social Media," which provides Bay Area high school students with information about their legal rights and responsibilities in the realm of social media use.