Colleen Lee focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and startup investments, spin-offs, carve-outs and other corporate matters.
Ms. Lee represents public and private buyers, sellers and target companies, and private equity firms in a variety of U.S. and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, restructurings and minority strategic investments.
Her matters include representing:
- View in its pending $1.6 billion merger with CF Finance Acquisition Corp. II;
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. in several matters, including its $14.3 billion acquisition by affiliates of Digital Colony Partners and the EQT Infrastructure IV fund, and its sale of zColo, including certain U.S. and European data center assets, to DataBank Holdings, Ltd.;
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. in its $4 billion acquisition of Honey Science Corporation and in its acquisitions of Hyperwallet Systems Inc. and Simility Systems;
- Intel Corporation in the sale of its 5G smartphone modem business to Apple, Inc. and in the sale of its home gateway platform division to MaxLinear, Inc.;
- Fortive Corporation in the separation and spin-off of its Automation and Specialty Platform (A&S Platform) and a $3 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its A&S Platform business with Altra Industrial Motion Corp.;
- SJW Group in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Connecticut Water Service Inc. and its defense against a hostile takeover attempt by California Water Service Group;
- Permira Funds in its $1.75 billion acquisition of Duff & Phelps;
- Danaher Corporation in the separation and spin-off of its communications business and a $2.6 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction involving the merger of its communications business with NetScout Systems, Inc.;
- TAL International Group, Inc. in its $8.7 billion merger-of-equals transaction with Triton Container International Limited;
- Endo International in a variety of transactions, including its sale of the American Medical Systems male urology portfolio for $1.6 billion; and
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in its $17 billion acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation.
Ms. Lee also has represented companies in a variety of minority strategic investments, including:
- Mubadala Investment Co. in its investment in Waymo;
- Foot Locker, Inc. in its investment in Carbon38; and
- Peet’s Coffee in its investment in Revive Kombucha.
Ms. Lee is a leader in Skadden's award-winning Pro Bono Impact project "Know Your Rights and Know the Law: Sex, Bullying and Social Media," which provides Bay Area high school students with information about their legal rights and responsibilities in the realm of social media use.