Edward Mahaney-Walter represents parties in corporate restructuring transactions, both in and out of court. Significant representations include:
- Stearns Holding and certain of its affiliates in their Chapter 11 reorganization;
- a major news organization in its out-of-court restructuring;
- SunEdison, Inc. in its Chapter 11 restructuring in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Millennium Health, LLC in its voluntary prepackaged Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware; and
- Dendreon Corporation, a biotechnology company, in its Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
Mr. Mahaney-Walter also has significant experience in general corporate and securities law, especially involving the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Mr. Mahaney-Walter served on secondment in the General Counsel Division of a leading investment bank, focused on the Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
Prior to joining Skadden, he was an associate at a leading investment bank and a manager at a hedge fund. Mr. Mahaney-Walter holds the Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Turnaround Analyst, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst and Professional Risk Manager designations.