Yukie Nakagawa advises on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate transactions and antitrust matters, as well as regulatory affairs surrounding financial institutions and funds.
Ms. Nakagawa’s experience includes the representation of:
- BlackRock Group in its acquisition of MGPA, an independent private equity real estate investment advisor;
- Baring Private Equity Asia’s fund in the sale of Net Japan to Orix Corporation;
- Pacific Industrial Co., Ltd. in its US$173 million acquisition of the Schrader valves business from Sensata Technologies Holdings plc;
- Visa Inc. in its acquisition of all remaining shares in GP Network Corporation from TSYS Japan LLC and other minority shareholders;
- Visteon Corporation’s acquisition of Johnson Controls for US$265 million;
- an American media corporation in the sale of its Japanese subsidiary to a major Japanese media company;
- Nokia Networks in its acquisition of the wireless networks business of Panasonic System Networks Company Limited;
- Toshiba Corporation in its US$2.26 billion sale of Westinghouse-related assets;
- a Chinese consortium, including HOPU, Hillhouse Capital, SMG, BOCGI and Vanke, in its SG$16 billion acquisition of Singapore-based Global Logistic Properties Limited; and
- Becton, Dickinson and Company in its $24 billion acquisition of C. R. Bard, Inc.
Ms. Nakagawa is a native speaker of Japanese and is fluent in English. Prior to joining Skadden, she was an associate at a Japanese law firm.