Amandine Souin’s practice primarily focuses on public takeovers, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets transactions (including initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements), and corporate finance matters. She also advises clients on litigation, corporate governance and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Skadden, Ms. Souin worked at another international law firm where she represented clients in a variety of industries, including:
- Alstom in connection with the public share buyback offer to be made by Alstom with respect to its own shares following the sale of its energy business to General Electric;
- Bolloré in connection with the issuance and listing of €450 million and €500 million bonds on Euronext Paris;
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and Octo Finances on the issue by Ausy of net share settled bonds convertible into new shares and/or exchangeable for existing shares;
- HalioDx, a diagnostic company expert in immuno-oncology, in connection with the creation of HalioDx Group, the acquisition of part of the assets and liabilities attached to QIAGEN Marseille’s operational activities and the simplified public tender offer filed by QIAGEN NV; and a first financing round of €7.5 million and a Series B financing round of €18.5 million;
- Intercontinental Exchange, a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, in its acquisition of a 4.7% stake in Euroclear from the Royal Bank of Scotland Group for €275 million;
- Nexans, a cable manufacturer, in connection with the issuance of a €250 million bond and a €200 million bond listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris;
- Novartis in its $3.9 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Advanced Accelerator Applications, a radiopharmaceutical company that develops, produces and commercializes molecular nuclear medicines;
- Oddo & Cie and Gilbert Dupont on the initial public offering of GenSight Biologics, a biotechnology company discovering and developing novel gene therapies for neurodegenerative retinal diseases and diseases of the central nervous system, on compartment C of the Euronext regulated market in Paris;
- Orange in the sale of approximately 133 million shares in BT for £383 million and the issuance of bonds exchangeable into BT shares for approximately £520 million;
- Agence des Participations de l’État, the agency of the French Treasury that manages the country’s holdings in private companies, on the sale of a 4.1% stake in Engie for €1.14 billion and the sale of a 4.5% stake in Engie for €1.53 billion; and
- Vivendi on the €2.36 billion acquisition of a 60% majority stake of the Bolloré Group in Havas and the simplified public tender offer on the remaining Havas shares.