Justin D. Stahl represents public and private companies, private equity sponsors and other investment funds and vehicles in a broad range of complex business transactions, including:
- domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
- private equity transactions, including platform, add-on and carve-out transactions;
- minority, growth equity and venture capital investments; and
- royalty financing transactions.
Mr. Stahl has significant experience representing early-stage and established companies in a broad range of industries, including technology, financial services, health care and life sciences.
Since joining Skadden, Mr. Stahl’s representative transactions include advising Wolt Enterprises Oy in its pending $8 billion acquisition by DoorDash, Inc., among others.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Stahl’s significant representative transactions include:
- Francisco Partners in multiple transactions, including its $3.4 billion take-private acquisition of VeriFone and investment in GoodRx;
- Softbank Vision Fund in connection with Walmart’s $16 billion purchase of a majority stake in Flipkart;
- Fly Leasing Ltd. in its $2.36 billion sale to an affiliate of the Carlyle Group;
- Vista Equity Partners in several transactions, including the sale of its majority interest in NAVEX Global to BC Partners;
- Silver Lake Partners in connection with its investment in Opera Solutions;
- Crestview Partners in its acquisition of AutoLenders;
- HGGC in numerous transactions, including its take-private of RPX Corporation;
- TPG and the Rise Fund in multiple growth equity investments;
- Sumeru Equity Partners in several transactions, including its sale of MDSL to Oak Hill Capital and Riverside Partners;
- Luminate Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of AutoQuotes;
- HighBar Partners in several transactions, including its acquisition of SS8 Networks;
- AMTDirect in its acquisition of NetFacilities;
- Sequoia Capital in its Series D investment in Confluent;
- Vitruvian Partners in multiple transactions, including its investment in Snaplogic;
- Digital Alpha Advisors in several growth equity investments, including its investment in CIMCON Lighting;
- Healthcare Royalty Partners in its royalty purchase from Aptevo Therapeutics; and
- RTW Investments, LP in its investment in UroGen Pharma.