Luke Vassay’s practice focuses on a broad range of international and U.K. domestic corporate and finance matters for a range of clients, including multinational groups, private equity and direct lending funds, real estate investors and banks. Mr. Vassay’s experience includes advising on the tax aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions, leveraged and structured finance transactions, private equity deals and structures, and group corporate and debt reorganisations.
He also regularly advises on VAT, stamp tax and employment-related tax matters, and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Mr. Vassay’s experience includes advising:
- Crosstree Real Estate Partners LLP in the formation of the £350 million Crosstree Real Estate Special Situations Fund II LP;
- HighQ Solutions Limited in its sale to Thomson Reuters Corporation;
- Waypoint GP Limited in its acquisition of the remaining stake in Stallergenes Greer plc that it did not already own; and
- Hg in:
- its acquisition of a minority stake in Argus Media, an independent provider of energy and commodity price reporting; and
- its £410 million sale of The Foundry Visionmongers Limited to Roper Technologies, Inc.