Robert Warfield represents clients in transactions related to the development, financing, acquisition and sale of energy and infrastructure projects. His representations involve transactions spread across a wide range of energy and infrastructure projects, including LNG, power, solar, wind, petrochemicals and biomass.
Recent representative transactions include:
- the 13 initial coordinating lead arrangers, lenders and issuing banks in the approximately $5.8 billion debt financing of Venture Global LNG, Inc.’s Calcasieu Pass LNG export project and associated TransCameron lateral gas pipeline, to be located in Cameron Parish, Louisiana;
- Morgan Stanley, in a $220 million term loan facility to Venture Global LNG, Inc., to finance the development and financing of the Calcasieu Pass facility and associated TransCameron pipeline, Plaquemines facility and associated Gator Express pipeline, and Delta facility and associated pipeline;
- Société Générale and Morgan Stanley and a syndicate of commercial bank lenders in connection with a $635.7 million credit facility provided to a subsidiary of EIG Global Energy Partners (EIG) for the acquisition by EIG from Kinder Morgan, Inc. of a 49 percent interest in Elba Liquefaction Company, L.L.C. This transaction was named 2017 North American Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year by IJGlobal;
- Citigroup as the placement agent, and Rabobank and Wells Fargo, as issuing banks and lenders, in two separate private placements of senior secured notes issued by sPower (totaling $421.4 million and $498.7 million, respectively) and related letter of credit facilities (totaling $100 million and $104 million, respectively) to finance the operations of its portfolio of solar and wind generating facilities and to refinance existing back-leverage debt facilities. The original transaction was named Americas Renewables Deal of the Year for 2017 by Project Finance International and North America Renewables Project Finance Deal of the Year by Power Finance & Risk;
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners as sponsor in connection with a $369 million senior secured refinancing for Red Oak Power, LLC, the owner of a 805-megawatt gas-fired power project in Sayreville, New Jersey;
- the agent and lead arranger, in connection with the term loan B financing of the acquisition by affiliates of the Carlyle Group of the 594 MW gas-fired Rhode Island State Energy Center (RISEC) power plant, and the $363 million senior secured refinancing of the RISEC plant, which was named 2018 North American Refinancing Deal of the Year by IJGlobal;
- the U.S. Department of Energy as guarantor of financing for a methanol project in connection with its loan guarantee program;
- Pattern Energy Group LP in the construction and term financing of its 324 MW Broadview wind generation projects and 35-mile 345 kV Western Interconnect transmission line in New Mexico and Texas, in the sale of such projects to Pattern Energy Group Inc. for $269 million and in the tax equity financings of the wind generation projects; and
- tax equity investors in various partnership flip and inverted lease transactions and associated tranche fundings for portfolios of distributed generation and rooftop solar projects in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.