Robert Warfield represents clients in transactions related to the development, financing, acquisition and sale of energy and infrastructure projects. His representations involve transactions spread across a wide range of energy and infrastructure projects, including solar, wind, LNG, natural gas, power sales, petrochemicals and biomass.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Citigroup, as the placement agent, and Rabobank and Wells Fargo, as issuing banks and lenders, in two separate private placements of senior secured notes issued by sPower (totaling $421.4 million and $498.7 million, respectively) and related letter of credit facilities (totaling $100 million and $104 million, respectively) to finance the ongoing operations of sPower’s portfolio of solar and wind generating facilities and to refinance existing back-leverage debt facilities. The original transaction was named Americas Renewables Deal of the Year for 2017 by Project Finance International and North America Renewables Project Finance Deal of the Year by Power Finance & Risk;
- Société Générale, Morgan Stanley and a syndicate of commercial bank lenders in connection with a $635.7 million credit facility provided to a subsidiary of EIG Global Energy Partners (EIG) for the acquisition by EIG from Kinder Morgan, Inc. of a 49 percent interest in Elba Liquefaction Company, L.L.C., the owner of a LNG liquefaction facility in Elba Island, Georgia. This transaction was named 2017 North American Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year by IJGlobal;
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, as sponsor, in connection with a $369 million senior secured refinancing for Red Oak Power, LLC, the owner of a 805 MW gas-fired power project in Sayreville, New Jersey;
- the agent and lead arranger in connection with the $363 million senior secured refinancing of the RISEC plant, a 594 MW gas-fired power project in Johnston, Rhode Island, consisting of a $318 million term loan A facility and a $45 million revolving facility;
- the agent and lead arrangers in connection with the term loan B acquisition financing and revolving facility for the RISEC plant;
- the U.S. Department of Energy as guarantor of conditionally committed financing for a methanol project under its loan guarantee program;
- Pattern Energy Group LP in the construction and term financing of its 324 MW Broadview wind generation projects and 35-mile 345 kV Western Interconnect transmission line in New Mexico and Texas, in the sale of such projects to Pattern Energy Group Inc. for $269 million and in the tax-equity financings of the wind generation projects;
- a tax equity investor in a partnership flip transaction to purchase, across multiple tranches, a portfolio of distributed generation solar projects developed and operated in the U.S.; and
- an investor group in a lease pass-through transaction and tranche fundings with respect to a portfolio of distributed generation solar projects developed and operated in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.