Dow Jones Joins CME Group In Financial Index Venture

Skadden is representing Dow Jones & Company, a News Corporation company, in its agreement with CME Group to form a joint venture to operate a global financial index services business. The definitive agreement, announced February 10, provides for CME Group to own 90 percent of the venture to which Dow Jones will contribute its Dow Jones Indexes business valued at $675 million. Dow Jones will hold the remaining 10 percent and retain a key role in the management of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. CME Group will contribute a business which provides certain market data services valued at $607.5 million to the joint venture.