Video Gaming / E-Gaming Law Update
In this issue, we explore copyright risks and potential defenses implicated by video game streaming. We also summarize recent judicial decisions, as well as litigation and administrative developments that may impact the video game industry.
Video Gaming / E-Gaming Law Update – November 2019
Trends in Activism
Shareholder activism is not going away anytime soon, and understanding how the landscape has changed will help ensure that companies are well-prepared in the event an activist surfaces.
Recent Trends in Shareholder Activism
SCOTUS and Arbitration Jurisprudence
The Court's recent arbitration decisions addressed important questions concerning the reach and interpretation of the Federal Arbitration Act, and these cases now are being tested in the lower courts.
The Supreme Court and Evolving Arbitration Jurisprudence
Privacy & Cybersecurity
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update – October 2019
- KEMET Corporation To Be Acquired by Yageo Corporation
- Carbonite To Be Acquired by OpenText
- Sempra Energy Directors Win Dismissal of Derivative Lawsuits
- U.S. News — Best Lawyers Mergers and Acquisitions Litigation and Securities Litigation Law Firm of the Year
- The Recorder Tech Deal Department of the Year Finalist and Innovation in Pro Bono Winner
With more than 1 million hours of pro bono work over the last seven years alone, Skadden’s lawyers strongly believe in fulfilling the obligation to assist those individuals and groups unable to afford legal services.