Skadden ranked first in M&A by dollar value of deals globally and in the United States — representing both principals and in any advisory role — according to year-end rankings from Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters (January 2011).
In Bloomberg’s capital markets league table, Skadden ranked first by volume in representing issuers of U.S. equity offerings, U.S. equity-linked, U.S. high-yield debt and U.S. preferred offerings. In similar tables published by Thomson Reuters, Skadden ranked first by deal count in representing issuers of global and U.S. convertible offerings, U.S. equity and equity-related offerings, and was tied for first in U.S. IPOs.
The firm also ranked in Bloomberg or Thomson Reuters’ top three by either volume or deal count in representing issuers for:
- Global equity, equity-linked, and rights offerings
- Global equity IPOs
- Global high-yield debt
- International high-yield bonds
- U.S. corporates
- EMEA equity, equity-linked
- Asia-Pacific ex-Japan IPOs
- Asia-Pacific ex-Japan Depository Receipts
- Australia/New Zealand hybrid