Five Skadden attorneys were named to the Daily Journal's annual "Top 100," a list of California attorneys doing cutting-edge legal work: Lisa Gilford, Ken King, Leif King, Richard Marmaro and Allen Ruby. For the second consecutive year, Skadden had more attorneys on the list than any other law firm, nonprofit or other organization. The publication highlighted the following.
- Ms. Gilford's defense of Purdue Pharma L.P.
- Ken King's work for Broadcom Corporation and PMC-Sierra
- Leif King's work for Broadcom Corporation, Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. and the Public Investment Fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Mr. Marmaro's career successes and pretrial work for Agility Public Warehousing Co.
- Mr. Ruby's representation of Intuitive Surgical Inc. and recent success on behalf of FedEx Corporation