Skadden's Labor team in Palo Alto, California is seeking outstanding lateral candidates (classes of 2017-2014) with expertise across labor and employment law. Candidates seeking relocation are welcome to apply. The starting base salary for this Palo Alto position is expected to be between $420,000 to $435,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other job-related factors, consistent with applicable law.
The Skadden Labor team advises clients regarding:
- all types of U.S. and international transactions,
- hiring and terminating the employment of individual executive and management-level employees,
- broad-based reductions in force,
- ·offer letters, wage theft notices, background checks, and employment, separation and transition agreements,
- ·noncompetition and other restrictive covenants,
- drafting and responding to employment-related demand letters and negotiating employment-related settlement agreements,
- internal investigations, often for highly sensitive matters ( harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblowing, and employee theft and drug abuse),
- employee handbooks and employment-related policies and procedures, and
- labor unions and collective bargaining agreements.
- Elon Musk in his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Inc. and related Twitter employment matters.
- Activision Blizzard Inc. in its pending $75 billion acquisition by Microsoft Corporation.
- Bytedance (the parent company of TikTok) in a variety of employment counseling matters.
In addition, associates who join Skadden laterally participate in an enhanced mentor program, which specifically focuses on the unique needs experienced attorneys face during professional transitions.
These efforts, along with our professional development and other Skadden benefits, including a hybrid work model*, underscore Skadden’s long-standing commitment to investing in its people, culture and diversity. We also have an extensive pro bono program that allows attorneys to devote, and receive credit for, time for myriad causes that spark their interests and matches those interests with the legal needs in the community.
*Our current hybrid work model consists of working Monday through Thursday in the office. Attorneys also receive the opportunity to work remotely for specified periods throughout the year.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability, any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require assistance or an accommodation during the process should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.