Skadden is looking for a full-time Corporate Legal Assistant in our Boston office. This person will assist attorneys in all phases and aspects of corporate transaction-related work with limited supervision. Serve as main point of contact and lead all Regulatory/Corporate practice areas, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Investment Management, Tax, Corporate Governance, and Executive Compensation, by coordinating large-scale and/or high level tasks and projects through to completion, which providing guidance to members of the Department and other support staff, and serving as a liaison, between and among attorneys, case/deal teams, the Department and other departments, as needed.
- Handle complex projects with limited supervision.
- Prepare and maintain integrity of client and transaction files within Department-approved and file management systems, and seek to improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials.
- Assist with various tasks for IPO transactions including: verification of the Prospectus, preparation of margin notes, drafting of checklists, attending due diligence meetings and coordinating site visits.
- Proofread agreements for sense, grammar, consistency, cross-references, definitions, formatting, facts, calculations and typos.
- Assist with preparation of various deal documents, including: disclosure schedules; Exhibits; tender offer materials; SEC filings; Officers' and Directors' questionnaires; Underwriters' questionnaires; financing statements; cusip number applications; employment agreements; proxy statements; registration statements; purchase agreements; merger agreements.
- Provide pre-closing, closing and post-closing assistance, including: prepare closing sets, closing memorandum and closing documents; order certified charters, good standing certificates, tax status certificates and bring-down telegrams; coordinate filings, stock and wire transfers.
- Assist with execution, dating and conforming of documents.
- Conduct non-legal research using various research tools, including retrieval of company filings, rules, regulations and company profiles.
- Prepare correspondence, audit letters, working group lists and closing checklists.
- Assist with due diligence and manage data rooms.
- Facilitates communication across support departments and within case/deal teams.
- Coordinate and assists with projects regarding internal practice area initiatives.
- Coordinate and assists with work at the printer, client meetings and closings.
- Coordinate and assist with audit letter responses.
- Coordinate and assist other legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, SEC/EDGAR and other media and financial services research tools
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing to facilitate effective working relationships with attorneys, clients and support staff
- Excellent analytical, organizational, trouble-shooting and planning skills
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects, shifting priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to coordinate large-scale and/or high level projects amongst colleagues, support staff and other departments
- Ability to assume progressive responsibilities within assigned work as experience is gained in the position
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility to travel
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- High level of professionalism
- Dedication to provide upper-margin customer service
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) but preferably five (5) years of experience providing exceptional client service within sectors including businesses, financial institutions and governmental entities
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.