Skadden is looking for a Research & Knowledge Digital Training Coordinator to be responsible for the design, content and implementation of new and ongoing research training initiatives and programs for attorneys and support staff to ensure further development and growth. The Research & Knowledge Digital Training Coordinator will collaborate with both practice and support departments throughout the Firm to identify ways to improve and maximize attorney and staff use of research products.
- Responsible for the design, content and implementation of new and ongoing research training initiatives and programs for attorneys and support staff to ensure further development and growth.
- Develops core summer, fall and other attorney training programs for the Department.
- Collaborates with R&KS and Knowledge Strategy staff to prepare presentations and materials for orientations and other training sessions.
- Develops instructional methodologies, secures necessary resources and participation by attorneys/staff and obtains feedback to improve the effectiveness of future training programs.
- Works with R&KS Project Manager to identify training needs and support Knowledge Strategy initiatives.
- Coordinates with Attorney Development, practice leaders and other Firm support departments to meet the Firm's education needs.
- Ensures that jurisdictional requirements are met for CLE programs when necessary.
- Designs instructor materials (slides, course outlines, background material, instructional materials and training aids).
- Observes and evaluates effectiveness of training programs and recommends adjustments for improvement.
- Creates and maintains Firm-wide training calendar of R&KS and Knowledge Strategy resources.
- Coordinates onsite and remote training from vendor reps for R&KS and other departments.
- Creates database- and content-specific instructional videos for the Firm's intranet.
- Assists with onboarding of new R&KS staff.
- Works with R&KS managers and staff to create uniform research best practices and resource guides.
- Provides advice on self-service solutions using the Firm's electronic resources.
- Monitors email on Firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to create and conduct training presentations
- Proficiency in presentation software tools such as GoToMeeting and WebEx
- Proficiency in screen capture video tools such as Camtasia
- Current awareness of knowledge and information technology developments
- Experience in using research databases
- Proven ability in using WYSIWYG web page editors
- Thorough competency with relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Excellent formal and informal presentation skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Demonstrates a courteous and professional demeanor and prioritizes a highly positive, customer-service approach
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum two years' of progressively responsible experience in training or digital education
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.