Skadden is seeking a Lead Research & Knowledge Analyst to join our Research & Knowledge Services team in the Washington, D.C. office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Lead Research & Knowledge Analyst will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
- Supports complex research and Knowledge Management (KM) initiatives for Firm attorneys and professional staff across the globe, incorporating new technology.
- Performs cost efficient ready reference and in-depth research on legal, corporate and other topics using online and print resources.
- Actively monitors research requests for Washington, DC and other offices and provides guidance to research staff proactively when warranted.
- Takes lead in mentoring and training Research Analysts.
- Delegates work to local department professional staff when appropriate.
- Provides expertise to attorneys in corporate and legal practice area research.
- Develops alerts for practice groups, as needs arise.
- Develops subject guides, tip sheets and training materials as department needs and resources change.
- Creates and participates in training programs for practice groups as well as orientation sessions for Summer/Fall Associates.
- Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
- Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
- Creates and maintains alert services that identify matters of interest to attorneys, as well as existing and potential clients.
- Works independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Disseminates knowledge resources via Firm-wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
- Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KS websites and databases.
- Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
- Provides full service research and KM support if working remotely outside the office.
- Assists with evaluating new and updated versions of information resources, both online and print, and recommends beneficial, cost effective resources for the Firm.
- Develops information network within and outside the Firm.
- Monitors email on Firm issued mobile device while out of the office and during off hours and coordinates with department professional staff in Washington, DC and other offices to complete pending requests.
- Provides on-call assistance to weekend department professional staff when necessary.
- Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research and KM requests.
- Assists in preparing the department budget for the Washington. DC office.
- Provides detailed assessments of the work performance of the Washington, DC department professional staff in preparation of the annual performance evaluations.
- Works with the Sr. Global Tax Group R&K Manager to ensure that department invoices for the Washington, DC office are paid on time.
- Assists other department professional staff members when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Expertise in using computer-based research tools: Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg Law, Intelligize, Practical Law, Fastcase, PLI, Capital IQ, Deal Point Data, CCH Cheetah, Xtract, HeinOnline.
- Ability to master new research tools in an expedited timeframe.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of legal, business and financial information sources.
- Current awareness of knowledge and information technology developments.
- Thorough competency with relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Proficient in using web page editors.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of eight years' experience conducting research in a legal or corporate information center.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual and reproductive health decisions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.