On February 8, Washington, D.C. cybersecurity and data privacy counsel Joshua Silverstein participated in the panel “Sensitive Data, Network and Supply Chain Security” during Practising Law Institute’s Investing, Trading and Doing Deals in a Dynamic World 2024: Sticks and Carrots; Risks and Opportunities conference. The panelists provided attendees with in-depth assessments of:
- The U.S. National Cybersecurity Strategy.
- Industry, regulatory and procurement information security standards.
- The U.S. government’s implementation of Secure Software Development Framework procurement standards.
- The risk of increased enforcement of regulatory and contractual information security standards.
- Developments related to the use of foreign information technology and communication systems in U.S. networks.
- The application of information and communication technology regulatory authorities to achieve novel objectives.