David Acquay’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance, securities and general corporate law.
Mr. Acquay regularly advises private equity firms, investment banks, public and private acquirers, and target companies on a variety of U.S. and cross-border corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, carveouts, financings and financial advisor engagements.
Prior to starting his legal career, he worked at Microsoft Corporation as a product manager, managing software development teams for one of the company’s enterprise software products.
In recognition of his work, he was named one of Best Lawyers’ 2023 Ones to Watch in America.
Mr. Acquay’s representative transactions prior to and since joining Skadden include:
- Altimeter Growth Corp. in its $40 billion merger with Grab Holdings Inc.;
- Veoneer, Inc. in its $4.5 billion acquisition by Qualcomm Incorporated and SSW Partners;
- ServiceMax, Inc., backed by Silver Lake Partners and General Electric, in its proposed but terminated $1.4 billion merger with Pathfinder Acquisition Corp.;
- HP Inc. in its acquisition of HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company;
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its $2 billion acquisition of Virtusa Corporation;
- Entegris, Inc. in its $6.5 billion acquisition of CMC Materials, Inc.;
- Hg in its investment in Managed Markets Insight & Technology LLC (MMIT), which, following MMIT’s concurrent acquisition of Evaluate (an Hg portfolio company), created a combined entity valued at $1.6 billion;
- Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. in its $7 billion acquisition of CCC Information Services, Inc.;
- Silver Lake Partners in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.; and
- Digital Colony Partners, alongside EQT Infrastructure IV, in connection with its $14.3 billion acquisition of Zayo Group Holdings, Inc.
- PJT Partners as financial advisor to Caesars Entertainment in its $17.3 billion sale to Eldorado Resorts;
- Blackstone in the establishment of Blackstone Capital Partners VIII, which raised approximately $26 billion;
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc. in its $8 billion sale to General Mills, Inc.;
- BC Partner Advisors L.P. on its approximately C$5.1 billion recapitalization of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc.; and
- Moelis & Company LLC as financial advisor to Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of AK Steel Holding Corporation.
Mr. Acquay is actively involved in Skadden’s recruiting and corporate training programs. He serves on the firm’s Associates Committee, Associates Recruiting Committee and Summer Associates Committee.