David Acquay’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance, securities and general corporate law.
Mr. Acquay regularly advises private equity firms, investment banks, public and private acquirers, and target companies on a variety of U.S. and cross-border corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, carveouts, financings and financial advisor engagements.
Prior to starting his legal career, he worked at Microsoft Corporation as a product manager, managing software development teams for one of the company’s enterprise software products.
Mr. Acquay’s representative transactions prior to joining Skadden include:
- Altimeter Growth Corp. in its pending $40 billion merger with Grab Holdings Inc.;
- ServiceMax, Inc., backed by Silver Lake Partners and General Electric, in its pending $1.4 billion merger with Pathfinder Acquisition Corp.;
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its $2 billion acquisition of Virtusa Corporation;
- Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. in its pending $7 billion acquisition of CCC Information Services, Inc.;
- HP Inc. in its acquisition of HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company;
- Silver Lake Partners in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.; and
- Digital Colony Partners, alongside EQT Infrastructure IV, in connection with its $14.3 billion acquisition of Zayo Group Holdings, Inc.
- PJT Partners as financial advisor to Caesars Entertainment in its $17.3 billion sale to Eldorado Resorts;
- Blackstone in the establishment of Blackstone Capital Partners VIII, which raised approximately $26 billion;
- Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc. in its $8 billion sale to General Mills, Inc.;
- BC Partner Advisors L.P. on its approximately C$5.1 billion recapitalization of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc.; and
- Moelis & Company LLC as financial advisor to Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of AK Steel Holding Corporation.