Nathaniel Adams advises public and private clients in mergers, acquisitions and other transactions. He also advises on capital markets financings and provides general corporate advice, including with respect to director duties and disclosure issues under the federal securities laws.
Mr. Adams has represented, among others:
- EMC Corporation in its $67 billion acquisition by Dell Technologies Inc., and in EMC’s earlier acquisitions of Aveksa, Inc. and Virtustream Group Holdings, Inc.;
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. in its $11.9 billion acquisition of Kite Pharma, Inc.;
- NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $5.2 billion acquisition by Shire plc;
- Biogen Inc. in the spin-off of its hemophilia business into Bioverativ Inc., an independent publicly traded company;
- Arthur T. Demoulas in the acquisition by Mr. Demoulas and the other Class B shareholders of Demoulas Super Markets, Inc. (Market Basket) of the outstanding Class A common stock of Demoulas Super Markets, Inc.;
- Boise Inc., a manufacturer of packaging products and paper, in its $1.3 billion acquisition by Packaging Corporation of America;
- Intralinks Holdings, Inc., a leading global technology provider of secure enterprise content collaboration solutions, in its $820 million acquisition by Synchronoss Technologies, Inc.;
- Nightstar Therapeutics plc in its pending $800 million acquisition by Biogen Inc.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer, in its $758.5 million acquisition of IronPlanet Holdings, Inc.;
- Vocus, Inc., a provider of cloud-based marketing and public relations software, in its $467 million acquisition by an affiliate of GTCR, LLC;
- TravelCenters of America LLC, a leading operator and franchisor of travel centers, in the $330 million sale of its convenience store business to EG Group;
- Sophos Inc. in its acquisition of Reflexion Networks, Inc.;
- Citrix Systems, Inc. in connection with the spin-off and subsequent merger of its "Go To" business with LogMeIn, Inc. in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction;
- OfficeMax Incorporated in its merger of equals with Office Depot, Inc.;
- Sycamore Networks, Inc. in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Marlin Equity Partners and subsequent liquidation and dissolution;
- TravelCenters of America in underwritten public offerings of its senior unsecured notes and common shares; and
- various public and privately held companies in cross-border tax restructuring transactions.