Andrew Alvarez is a corporate and finance attorney who primarily represents public and private corporations, private equity firms, portfolio companies, banks and other financial institutions in connection with secured and unsecured financings, acquisition financings, investment grade financings, bridge loans and other types of complex and traditional financings. Mr. Alvarez’s practice extends across a wide range of industries, with his notable experience including representations of:
- JAB Holding Company in connection with a $3 billion credit facility related to its $7.5 billion acquisition of Panera Bread; a $2.8 billion credit facility related to its pending acquisition of National Veterinary Associates from Ares Management; a $495 million credit facility to support its acquisition of Compassion-First Pet Hospitals from Quad-C Management Inc.; a $500 million credit facility related to its $1.35 billion acquisition of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts; and a $2.4 billion unsecured credit facility to finance the acquisition of Dr Pepper Snapple by its portfolio company Keurig Green Mountain;
- Coty, Inc. in connection with its strategic partnership with KKR valuing the Wella business at $4.3 billion; its $600 million investment in Kylie Jenner’s cosmetics business; and its $200 million investment in Kim Kardashian West’s beauty business;
- Perella Weinberg Partners in connection with its revolving credit agreement and its proposed business combination with Fintech Acquisition Corp. IV, a special purpose acquisition company, in a deal valued at $975 million;
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. in connection with multiple credit facilities and capital markets issuances;
- Integrated Specialty Coverages, which is sponsored by an investment vehicle managed by Sightway Capital, a Two Sigma company, in connection with its acquisitions of Paramount General Agency, Paramount Acceptance Corporation, SIS Specialty Holdings and California Contractors Insurance Services;
- Embraer S.A. in connection with a $600 million bridge credit facility;
- Infrastructure Investments Fund, an investment vehicle advised by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., in connection with its acquisition of El Paso Electric Co.;
- NorWest Equity Partners in connection with the financing for its acquisition of the Clover Imaging Group;
- TAMKO Building Products, LLC in connection with its $600 million senior secured term loan and $225 million asset-based revolving credit facility;
- Permira Funds in connection with a first lien $325 million term loan and $50 million revolving facility, in addition to a second lien $120 million term loan to finance its acquisition of DiversiTech Holdings, Inc.; and
- Alibaba, Inc. (successor to Yahoo! Inc.) in connection with a margin loan facility designed to monetize its investment in Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
Mr. Alvarez has been recognized as one of Best Lawyers’ Ones to Watch and is actively involved in Skadden’s training and recruiting programs. He also serves on the firm’s Associates Committee.