Yaw Anim represents financial services, insurance, pharmaceutical, technology and other companies in a wide range of complex civil litigation and government investigations. Mr. Anim has defended clients in putative class action matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts around the United States involving securities, insurance and antitrust matters. Mr. Anim also has represented clients in connection with investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state regulatory agencies.
Representative matters include:
- defending a pharmaceutical company and certain of its officers and directors in a putative securities class action following the FDA’s disclosure of safety events relating to an approved drug;
- representing a pharmaceutical company in connection with an SEC investigation into internal accounting control issues, and defending that company in a related putative securities class action;
- defending an insurance company in a series of putative class actions alleging that the company failed to reimburse Medicare Advantage Organizations under the Medicare Secondary Payer Statute; and
- successfully defending a financial services company in related antitrust actions brought by the Department of Justice and a putative plaintiff class.
Mr. Anim was named as part of Best Lawyers’ 2021 inaugural Ones to Watch list for his work in commercial litigation, as well as a 2020 Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Lawyer. He also has an active pro bono practice, which has included representation of clients seeking asylum and clients facing other immigration and housing issues.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2010
- M.S.ED, City College of New York, 2007
- B.A., Yale College, 2005
- New York
- Law Clerk, Hon. Kenneth M. Karas, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (2010-11)