Mr. Bentivoglio has successfully resolved investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), state attorneys general and regulatory agencies. Additionally, he frequently advises boards of directors and senior executives on compliance program and regulatory risk management issues. He also is active in Skadden’s pro bono program, where he handles guardian ad litem and other matters. Mr. Bentivoglio repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America, and was recognized as a 2018 BTI Client Service All-Star by The BTI Consulting Group.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Bentivoglio served (at different times) as an associate deputy attorney general, the special counsel for health care fraud and the chief privacy officer at the DOJ in the Office of the Deputy Attorney General. His stint in the Deputy’s Office followed his appointment as special assistant to the assistant attorney general for the Department’s Criminal Division. At the DOJ, Mr. Bentivoglio handled health care, cybercrime, privacy and international crime matters and was a staff contributor to the president’s International Crime Control Strategy.
In November 2020, Mr. Bentivoglio was named a volunteer member of President-elect Joe Biden’s presidential transition Agency Review Team for the Department of the Treasury, focusing on national security and regulatory enforcement matters. From 1986 through 1992, he served as a legislative assistant and later as professional staff member for Mr. Biden during his term as chairman of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Bentivoglio has served as an active volunteer firefighter, EMT and board officer for the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad.
- “10th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Webinar Series | Part Two: HHS-OIG: A Review of Recent Developments,” Skadden webinar series, December 14, 2020
- “Introduction to HIPAA and Practical Considerations for Life Sciences Companies,” Skadden webinar series, June 2 and 9, 2020
- “Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech Enforcement and Litigation Updates 2020,” Skadden webinar series, May 2020
- “2019 Year in Review: An Increase in DOJ Life Sciences Settlements and Trends to Look for in 2020,” Skadden webinar, January 28, 2020
- “Reducing Anti-Kickback Risks Associated With Medical Products,” Skadden webinar, October 3, 2019
- “FDLI Annual Conference: Exploring Advanced Topics in Food and Drug Law,” (panelist), Washington, D.C., May 2-3, 2019
- “19th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress,” (moderator), Washington, D.C., November 7-9, 2018