Mr. Bentivoglio has negotiated successful resolutions of such matters for Allergan, Calloway Laboratories, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Otsuka Pharmaceuticals and Serono, among others. He also has counseled more than a dozen companies on the negotiation and implementation of Corporate Integrity Agreements. In addition to assisting companies in enforcement actions, he regularly advises clients on compliance program issues and on federal and state anti-kickback and false claims statutes, FDA advertising and promotional rules, and Medicare and Medicaid regulatory issues.
From 1997-2000, he served as associate deputy attorney general and special counsel for health care fraud at the DOJ, where he advised the attorney general and deputy attorney general on national enforcement initiatives, health care investigation and prosecution policies, and interagency coordination. From 1996-1997, he was a special assistant to the assistant attorney general, Criminal Division. Earlier in his career, Mr. Bentivoglio served as a professional staff member to Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., chairman, Committee on the Judiciary.
Mr. Bentivoglio repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America, and was recognized as a 2018 BTI Client Service All-Star by The BTI Consulting Group. He also was selected for inclusion in Who’s Who Legal: Life Sciences and repeatedly named as a Star in LMG Life Sciences.
Mr. Bentivoglio is an active volunteer firefighter and EMT with the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad in Bethesda, Maryland.
- "FDLI Annual Conference: Exploring Advanced Topics in Food and Drug Law (Panelist)," Washington, D.C. (May 2-3, 2019)
- "19th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress (Moderator)," Washington, D.C. (November 7-9, 2018)
- "A Dialogue with Corporate Counsel: Skadden’s Seventh Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Seminar (Panelist)," New York, (November 14, 2017)
- Food and Drug Law Institute Advertising and Promotion Conference 2017 (Moderator), Washington, D.C. (September 2017);
- "DOJ and OIG Enforcement Update," Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum, Philadelphia (March, September 2016);
- 17th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Congress, Washington, D.C. (October 2016); and
- "AUSA Roundtable: Hot Topics in DOJ Enforcement in the Pharmaceutical Industry" (Moderator), Pharmaceutical Compliance Forum, Washington, D.C. (November 2014-2016).